Lesson on emancipation by a Bangali Hindu


What can be my identity? fair or dark? fat or thin? Hindu or Christian or Muslim? homosexual  or bisexual or heterosexual? woman or man or trans? BJP or INC or TMC or Communist? None of them before the fact that I am a human being.

The fact that I have particularly mentioned Bangali Hindu is the fact that many staunch Hindu fundamentalists are nowadays saying things like ‘Either you are a Bangali or a Hindu, you cannot be both!’ but I will shout out from my rooftop and proclaim that I am both and much more that just that. I live in a secular country where I speak my Mother language, eat my comfort food and practise my religion happily.  And if I am not wrong (which I am not) then one’s religion, food, sexuality, language, marriage are all his/her freedom to live, his/her privacy and no one has the right to invade into anyone’s private life.

liberation and nudity এর ছবি ফলাফল
সম্পর্কিত ছবি



I myself do not eat Pork or Beef and that has been my personal choice but who gives me the right to force my personal choice on anyone? Why be a hypocrite in the name of secularism? The acts of polarising that are being carried out by Muslim and Hindu extremists and fundamentalists are bringing in a dark phase across the Nation which is very scary. When a celebrity had commented on intolerance and showed concern about his growing kid he was bashed on social media platforms by the incredible public of incredible India.

A progressive Nation is one which doesn’t go for cheap vote banks based on caste and religion. A progressive Nation looks into literacy, sex ratio, women/men security, gender equality, LGBT rights and what we look into now is what’s cooking in the kitchen – beef or pork. A progressive Nation is one where art is liberated and so are the people.


When people can go on record saying things like ‘If anyone says anything against the PM his hands will be broken’, where are we living? In a ‘democratic’ country? Why do I need to show my patriotism the way they want me to portray? A colour cannot dictate what patriotism is. A three thousand six hundred crore investment for a statue in a country where millions do not get proper meals cannot be patriotism. For me using condom during sex is also patriotism so that you do not end up having ten kids which is actually taking down the economy of my Nation. For me speaking in Bangla is patriotism and my patriotism comes out in Bangla, for an Odia in Odia, A Manipuri in Manipuri, A Malayali in Malayalam and so on, Hindi is not the National language and cannot bring out the ‘Nationalist and Patriotic’ side of all Indians, accept it. For me educating and protecting rights of individuals without being biased about their gender, sexuality or dressing is patriotism. My patriotism wants to see my country reaching new heights and meagre things like caste and food cannot stop my nation and put it on reverse gear.
liberation এর ছবি ফলাফল
 

 If a movie can take away all the ‘hard earned respect’ that has taken centuries to accumulate then trust me there’s some problem with the so called respect and not the film. Today when people are publicly threatening to behead an actress or cut the nose of a chief minister (who happens to be a lady) for the sake of ‘protecting the respect of a fictional woman’ then it is alarming and what is more alarming is the fact that our ‘progressive and tolerant’ Government is very tolerant about the religious extremists and happily stays mum.


Whose footsteps are we following? Talibans? Extremist Mollas of the Middle East and Pakistan? Do we really not have anyone else to idolise? The country is going through bad phase for years on but now it has reached to levels where the whole nation needs to understand what will actually uplift the country and what is making our Nation regressive. 

সম্পর্কিত ছবি

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Rajmohan's Wife', the first Indian novel in English

'Human' by Kazi Nazrul Islam

The legacy of a poet - Kazi Nazrul Islam, the prophet of tolerance