Friendship!

(from left: Tanujit, Me)


God gives us many good gifts,
But at the highest of them, friendship sits.
The love of a good friend is richer than gold,
Its abstract and can never be bought or sold.
As the sun repels the darkness of night,
In the same way friends fill our life with light.



You had been to me a friend great,
Your friendship will always be insatiate.
Really sweet is friendship's taste,
And for my whole life it will remain the best.
I hope that God will hearken to my prayer,
And forever my wishes for you will be there.

(poem courtesy: Arijit Nandi, with some changes by me)

(from left: Debtanu, Me )


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

'Rajmohan's Wife', the first Indian novel in English

'Human' by Kazi Nazrul Islam

The legacy of a poet - Kazi Nazrul Islam, the prophet of tolerance